Free 534 words essay on Digital India for school and college students.
Digital India Campaign – An Initiative for Better Tomorrow
Digital India is a strong initiative that is taken by our honourable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi. The campaign launched by Indian Government is to make things convenient and easy for public by increasing connectivity of internet. It is promoted to help public by making things available electronically. This step is a major boost to enhance the technology curve and begins with plan of increasing internet connectivity even to the remote rural places of the country. The campaign was launched on 1st July, 2015 and ever since has progressed a lot in terms of empowerment.
The main objective of the Digital India campaign is to enhance digital literacy, provide high speed internet towers in rural India and teach people the benefits of electronic media. There are three visions which are considered under the Digital Media campaign
- Enhance Digital Infrastructure – The most important step taken to build the digital infrastructure is making high speed internet available to remote rural places. Each individual is given a digital identity with help of Aadhar card like system. Educating individuals about mobile phone and internet banking helps people with electronic transactions.
- Get services on demand – Online and electronic connectivity helps in convenience of people. Be it making financial transactions, taking care of things digitally, making payment for various services, Digital India helps in making things easy for public.
- Digital Empowerment – Another vision of digital India is to make citizens of the country digitally literate and help in accessing resources online. It is done so that people can submit various documents and Government certificates online.
Services Provided under Digital India
The Digital India campaign is a great initiative to revolutionise conventional methods and integrate digital technology for better future. There are many facilities that are provided through the digital India campaign like digital locker for keeping our important documents online, e-education for distant learning through internet, e-health for health checkups and information online, national scholarship portal etc. DigiLocker facilities help citizens of India to keep their important documents safe in digital mode and provide each individual secure access. The e-sign facility helps in digital signature on any document online using authentication from Aadhar Card. With the help of e-hospital, one gets access to important services like online registration, fee payment, taking online appointment, getting diagnostic report online etc. These services make it easy for citizens to live a convenient and hassle free life. One of the most important promotion by Digital India campaign is encouraging citizens to switch to cashless mode of transactions through internet and mobile banking.
Management of the Programme
The management committee of the campaign consists of monitoring committee on Digital India headed by Prime Minister, Digital India Advisory Group with head as Minister of Communications & IT and Cabinet Secretary chaired Apex committee. There are many projects implemented to spread digital India awareness. The first digital India week launch ceremony was conducted on 1st July, 2015 and many investors agreed to make investment for the campaign. The second Digital India Summit was conducted in 22nd March, 2016. With the widespread awareness of the campaign, internet connectivity and digital means of information passage is adding to convenience of people.
- digital india essay
- degetal india afainst eassy
- top ten essay on digital india
- short essays on the topic-Digital India
- short eassy on digital India
- essays on digital india best essays
- essay on digital internet