Free 615 words Essay on Female Foeticide in India: Impact and Prevention with Slogans for school and college students
An illegal process of killing a feminine foetus in the womb has always been a major problem in the country, India. Equivalent to a social evil, this act is now a common practice in most parts of this country. Ironically, where everything from stone to the tree is worshiped in India, girls are being destroyed mercilessly. It’s a painful act as well as an inhuman practice of the society mostly takes place in India, Pakistan, and the southern parts of Asia and apparently, it goes well unnoticed every day. For the beliefs of some old people and superstitions, many families abandon the girl child before her birth. It’s unfortunate that people can’t compensate the ratio of gender or sex even if female foeticide completely stop in the next years.
Causes of This Inhuman Act
A bunch of reason is there behind the act of female foeticide. It’s clearly not always about an unwanted pregnancy but it’s an intentional practice of some illiterate people with negative beliefs of the society. Here are 3 major reasons of female foeticide –
- Many people think that female children are not worthy and investing on the education to become a proper human being is not a profitable deal. Also, she will go to another family when she gets married, this is not worthy.
- Male children can extend the generations, but a female child can’t carry the legacy as she gets married. Unfortunately, many people still have this belief which leads to attempt feminine foeticide.
- A lot of rape and molestation’s happen in this country every year. So, people don’t wish to have a girl baby, so they are possessed by this act. Even though the people forget one of the major consequences of rape is the ratio of the female sex which is significantly decreasing every year.
- Many hospitals allow sex determination before birth, it’s an illegal act. Families who wish for a boy, they spend lots of money on it. If it comes negative according to their aspect, they choose abortion.
Impact on the civilization
The impact is immense on the society today and people are witnessing many bad effects in these years. Of course, you can’t find any positive impact of this shameful act. Here are few major impacts which are not only worse but a threat to mankind –
- Sex ratio is extremely low in Asian countries and it’s not in a static position but decreasing every year is making a tremendous imbalance to the ratio.
- The global population is decreasing because of a low ratio of the feminine child. In case you don’t know, there are just 933 women comparing to 1000 men in India.
- Sexual harassment is the major consequence which everyone witnesses every time on the news. The count of rapes and molestation’s are increasing largely as people are attempting this anti-social behavior.
Prevention and Slogans
As there are lots of myths in the air of India and other Asian countries, people need to get educated about women and how important it is for the race of mankind. There should be a strong ethical law for every doctor in the country as well as immediate complaint system for the women. The most important, there should be awareness programs to prevent feminine foeticide. This initiative has taken place in few states with slogans like ‘Our daughter is the knot that ties our family together’, ‘Girls are giggles with freckles all over them’, and ‘A girl child brings joy, it’s no less than a boy’ and apparently, it’ll work when the majority will raise a voice against this cruel act of humanity.
- write an essay female foeticide in india
- essay on female foeticide
- speech on social evil of female foeticide
- positive thought about female foeticide as a person
- motivational speech on female foeticide
- foeticide essay
- female foeticide essay