Education is very important to be successful in life. You might have heard about a lot of people who have succeeded in life irrespective of their lack of information. This may not be possible for everyone. Moreover, we live in a highly competitive world. Without proper knowledge and skills, we will not be able to compete with the other people.
Many countries give free and compulsory education to all underprivileged children. Do you know why it is necessary to give free education for everyone? If not, you should definitely have a look at the below-mentioned reasons and benefits of implementing this strategy. It will give you a better understanding of why free education is important for everyone.
Why Is Free Education Important?
The importance of free education is mentioned in the points given below.
- Education has become a business nowadays. The right to education of a child depends on the race and wealth of his/her parents. By providing educational facilities only to those children who are economically well off, we are, in fact, denying the basic rights of an individual. Education is one of the basic fundamental rights of a person. This is why many developed countries provide free primary and secondary education to all its citizens.
- Without education, it becomes very difficult for a person to survive in the current world. Though it is mostly theoretical knowledge, proper education helps people a lot in carving out a bright future. Also, it is very essential for a person to have access to education to attain all the necessary skills to get the dream job.
- A country needs educated and skilled people to enhance its economic status. This will be possible only if all are educated. Well-educated people will be able to attain higher jobs in the future. They will later become good taxpayers which will be helpful to enhance the economic status of the country.
- Poverty and unemployment are some of the major reasons which impede the growth of many countries. To eliminate these problems, we have to create better educational opportunities for people. This will happen only if free education is given to everyone irrespective of their caste, wealth, and race.
Benefits of giving free education for all
It is almost impossible to figure out the disadvantages of free education. Some of the benefits of providing free education for all are mentioned below.
- Education is essential for a better standard of life. Free education will ensure that all people are given the basic qualification to enhance the quality of their life.
- Some people do not get the opportunity to focus on their studies. This is mainly because of the huge amount of fees levied on them. There are people who find it very difficult to go for higher studies due to the lack of money. To prevent this from happening, it is essential to ensure that free education is being given to all. Thus, they will be able to focus on their studies better and ignore all the other distractions.
- Free education ensures that equal opportunities are given to all regardless of their economic status. Through this type of education we can ensure that people with talent and good grasping power are given opportunities to develop their ideas and work towards the betterment of the country.
- Everyone has a dream job or a role model whom they look up to. In order to get inspired by their role models and achieve their dream job, education is very important. It is because of the huge payment demanded by the various institutions that some people get forced to forget about their dreams. Free education will assure people that they are free to dream higher. They will be given all the means to achieve their dreams with such a system of education.
- Everybody dreams for a corruption-free country. Corruption is one of the major problems faced by almost all the countries. In order to reduce this problem, we need educated and well-experienced people. Free education helps to carve out better and responsible individuals who will help in the growth of the country.
In short, free education is very important for the growth of an individual as well as the whole country. Many developed and developing countries support this system. In such countries where education is free of cost, people will be treated equally. This will also promote happiness and harmony among people. If a country wishes to grow, it is very necessary to give at least free basic education for all its citizens.