Free 700 words Essay on negative impact of internet on society for school and college students.
Introduction: Internet access, which used to be a luxury, has now become a necessity for people in this digital era. This shows how immensely internet is ruling our life. The enhancing utilization of the internet has been a great impact in the domain of education, economy and social relationships. However, it is well said excess of anything is a threat for life and the same applies for internet access. It is seen that despite of many benefits, internet has negative impacts on morality. As we know, nothing interesting is ever completely one sided. In the same way, internet is also endowed with both pros and cons. Here are some positive and negative impacts of internet on society.
Positive impacts of internet on society: Internet has significant impact on every sphere of our life, particularly social life, employment and entertainment.
- Nowadays, our social lives are not limited to telephonic conversation or mail but being “on-line” is the recent way to interact with people. One can do face to face conversation sitting far from each other. Video chatting is available, now it is easy for you to talk to people knowing by their face.
- E-mail is another well liked means to communicate with others by typing messages and sending it by just a click. Only few seconds are required to send messages overseas as compared to ordinary mail taking approximately seven days.
- Internet has brought revolution at professional desk. This internet networking facilitates platforms to coordinate your work by sitting at one place hassle free. Also, it has become so facile to communicate at all front, saving both time and money.
- Internet banking and online stock market are the most convenient ways to transact money around the world. Online payment system has made our life more easy as we don’t need to stand in long queue for paying bills.
- Internet aids in building strong social network. We are now aware of most of the current happenings around the world. It has now become the voice of people as there are many platforms acting as discussion forum via internet.
- Online education facilities are available imparting knowledge to those who can’t afford to attend the class physically. These educational sites are either free or run with minimal cost.
- Due to internet access, it is now easy to find out directions to unknown places.
- For safety also, internet is like boon for us, it is easy to track us and our location when in emergency.
Internet surfing is not only restricted to operating search engine to gather data and information around the world, but also imparting pliability of exchanging information in no time. It is the most popular means to exchange knowledge among various cults.
Negative impacts of internet on society: Every coin has two sides so is for internet. Despite of bringing a revolutionary change to the world, there are some disadvantages of internet prevailing in our societies. Such as:
- Many unlawful and unbefitting information is accessible on internet without any constraint. Even kids have easy access to sites not meant for them such as pornography, adult sites, and many more.
- All illegal or copyrights restricted materials like music albums, videos, and other documents are available on internet, thereby enhancing act like piracy.
- Cyber crimes are increasing day by day due to easy access to internet. Computer viruses are propagating at fast rate, thereby causing severe crimes such as financial, security, and many others.
- Sharing personal life on social networking is becoming a big challenge as it is blooming many crimes related to kidnapping, human trafficking, loot, etc.
- Virtual life is becoming more prominent than real life. People are ready to show emotions on internet but in real they are far away from that.
- Due to easy internet access on every gadgets, people are now more addicted to computers and mobile phones, thereby leading to various health issues.
- People are loosing real contacts and are now started believing in virtual contacts. They are so busy on internet chatting distant people that they don’t even realize that person sitting nearby wants their company.
- Various fabricated information is available websites which may mislead resulting to sever consequences.
- Hacking is proliferating like mushrooms, which is a big threat to the security of our system.
- Younger generations are so dependent on internet that many times they are misguided by the inappropriate information, thereby creating a difficult situation for themselves.
- People prefer to spend time on internet rather than seeing their families.
Conclusion: As food is a necessity of life but overeating is fatal to health; similarly, if we use excess of internet, it may turn fatal for our precious life.