Essay on reasons for increasing crime among youth
Free 760 words essay on reasons for increasing crime among youth for school ad college students.
Juvenile Delinquency- The Alarming Issue Worldwide.
The younger generation, especially the teens have been getting involved in violence and crime at an alarming rate all over the world. The crimes they commit are more like any other crime, but what makes the situation difficult and more sensitive is that the ones involved in those crimes are the youngsters, the future of the nations. They are too young and immature and doesn’t understand and handle the world like a mature person could.
For many reasons they turn to violence and crime, either to get lost in the big bad worlds, to enjoy the animalistic pleasure that the power of fear and crime brings or they decide to take it upon themselves to bring the justice to the wrongs done to them. They, not alone, are responsible for such ugly turn of events. We, their family, their peers, their friends, the entire society is to be blamed for what is becoming of them.
Let’s discuss some possible reasons for them turning towards crime. It might help us to understand them better and prevent them from taking the ruthless road.
- Economic Problems: Youth from the poor economic background wishes to earn big and quick for making their living standard better. They hate the struggle and lose their patience. For fulfilling their desire they take the shortest and the quickest route visible to them, that of crime.
- Psychological Problems: Anger, frustration, aggression, deprivation, inferiority complex, and these psychological problems push the youth to the wrong path of the crime. Also, if they have a troubled childhood or they have witnessed violence at home, they consider it okay to indulge in violence and crime and try to hide their weakness and troubled childhood behind the curtain of crime.
- Discrimination: Discrimination concerning age, race, gender, colour also push the youth towards violence and crime. It brings in them frustration and anger that they vent out in the society in the form of crime.
- Parenting Issues: When parents are unduly strict, rude and harsh to their children, they create in them a rebel full of anger and depression, They can’t take it out on their parents, so they often decide to take it out on the society in the form of crime and violence.
- Social Issues: The youngsters who act differently than the set norms of the society are bullied by elders and often are made feel like they are outcastes. Rejected by the society they turn to the world of crime. Their anger towards the society and the pain that they receive from them is vented out in the form of violence.
- Addiction: Teens today are more attracted towards the evils of alcohol and drugs. They easily get accustomed to them, in fact they get addicted to them. For catering to their addiction they need money which they often don’t get from the rightful ways. Hence, they turn to crime for obtaining money for fulfilling their addiction of drugs and alcohol.
- Peer Influence: Peer influence is the strongest reason for the youngsters to act in a certain way. Some of the young generation have come to believe than committing a crime is cool and the others come under the pressure to match up to their peers. Hence, they also get involved in the criminal activities. Sometimes for impressing their peers with their expensive things, they turn to crime for obtaining the money for such extravaganza.
- Trafficking: This has been one of the most notorious problems of every society. The abducted children grow up to become forced criminals. From the very young age, their minds are trained in the ways of a criminal. They walk on the same path and turn others into the criminal that they have already become. This is a vicious cycle that seems like without any end.
Read Also: Essay on reason for increasing Cyber Crimes
Juvenile delinquency is a threat to any society. It is like a black hole that sucks in everyone that comes in its way. And it is very hard to make a society free from this kind of crime. Youth is a nation’s future and it is vital for the development of any nation that their youth is guided on the right path. It is a long and hard way for training the youth currently, guiding their anger and energy towards constructive work that will contribute to the development of nation. Crime in youth is not a small problem and shouldn’t be ignored or taken lightly. Neglecting a big problem like this could bring a nation to its knees and finally into the dark pitch of downfall.
Tags: conclusion on crime among youth, crime among youth conclusion, increasing crime among youth in india cause, increasing crimes among youth, increasing crimes among youth solutions