Essay on Sports
Sports is a type of physical activity done to improve the physical health as well as the skill of people. The Word “Sport” comes from the French Word “desport” which means leisure. There are different types of sports in the world. While some are done for the entertainment of the players, some are played to entertain the audience. Sports competitions usually happen between the different teams in a country as well as with the teams from different countries.
The Olympic Games are the perfect example of the competitions held for the different kinds of sport across the globe. Each sport has a different set of rules and patterns. These rules are usually followed both while playing the game as well as while judging the winner of a sports competition.
Different types of sports
Different types of sports are played by people across the globe. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Ice Hockey
The Benefits of playing sports
People engage themselves in the various types of sports not only for competitions but also to maintain their health. Some of the different health benefits of playing sports are mentioned below.
- A sport is a workout similar to the ones you do in a gymnasium. Doing this workout will help to pump more blood to your body. Thus, heart stays healthy because of sports.
- People often find it very difficult to shed off their excess pounds. Burning off the excess calories becomes easier by playing any type of sport. If you play a sport regularly, your insulin performance will get enhanced. This means that sports will prevent diabetes in people.
- Bad cholesterol often leads to various cardiovascular problems. People who engage regularly in a sport seem to have more good cholesterol compared to the others. Hence, sportsmen usually are less prone to strokes and other heart-related problems.
- Playing sports will regulate the flow of blood in your body. By doing a physical activity, the hemoglobin content also tends to improve. In short, sports will definitely keep you healthy.
- Everyone wishes to have a fit body with toned muscles. This becomes possible by playing sports regularly. Your body will also become stronger when you play a sport. It will also keep your bones stronger by increasing the bone density. This is why people who play any type of sport do not suffer from the bone-related issues like osteoporosis.
Importance of sports
Sports is an important activity in our life. Even the educational system includes the various sports competitions in their curriculum to motivate the students to engage in a sport.
You will be able to understand some of the important aspects of playing a sport in the points listed below.
- Sports is usually a game which played in teams. There are also individually playing games. When you play a sport in a team you will be able to understand how to work as a team. The ability to work effectively in a group is one of the important factors required to get a job nowadays. Thus it will definitely benefit your future life.
- If you are not healthy, you will not be able to attain success in your life. You will not become healthy just by following a well-balanced diet. Your health depends on the amount of physical activity you do in your life. Sports will help you to remain healthy throughout your life.
- Engaging in sports competitions will help to increase the confidence level of a student. They will also understand the different ways to manage stress effectively. Also, sports will keep them more energetic and lively.
- When a kid plays a sport in a team, he will be able to become an effective team leader. This will enhance his leadership skills.
- Sports involves different types of decision making. This skill is necessary to succeed in one’s life. You will be able to develop your decision-making skills with the help of sports.
- Playing a sport with other people is the best method to socialize. This will help to make you an active member of the society. Also, when you win a game you will gain more reputation in the society.
Also read: Essay on Sportsmanship
Sports is, hence, an inevitable part of our life. It is not only a physical activity but also a method to enhance the physical as well as mental abilities. Playing a sport ensures a better life and health.